Machine tool Bearings
A machine tool is a machine for shaping or machining metal or other rigid materials, usually by cutting, boring, grinding, shearing, or other forms of deformation. Machine tools employ some sort of tool that does the cutting or shaping. All machine tools have some means of constraining the workpiece and provide a guided movement of the parts of the machine. Thus the relative movement between the workpiece and the cutting tool (which is called the toolpath) is controlled or constrained by the machine to at least some extent, rather than being entirely “offhand” or “freehand”.
The precise definition of the term machine tool varies among users, as discussed below. While all machine tools are “machines that help people to make things”, not all factory machines are machine tools.
Today machine tools are typically powered other than by human muscle (e.g., electrically, hydraulically, or via line shaft), used to make manufactured parts (components) in various ways that include cutting or certain other kinds of deformation.
Combined Radial & Axial Bearings
Super-precision axial-radial cylindrical roller bearings are commonly used to support rotary tables, indexing heads and multi-spindle heads on machining centres. MAC offers super-precision axial-radial cylindrical roller bearings for shaft diameters from 80 to 850 mm. Their internal design, together with close tolerance manufacturing processes, enables these bearings to attain radial run-out better than, and axial run-out close to, P4 tolerance class.
Ball Screw Support Bearings
MAC offers High Precision Ball Screw Assemblies, backed by ISO 9002 Quality Assurance certificate, which have the following features
- High accuracy, stiffness and efficiency.
- Zero backlash, very compact and efficiency
- Nominal dia. from 10MM to 200MM with lead of 4MM to 63MM
- Accuracy classes of IT 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 as per DIN 69051
- Threaded lengths upto 11,000MM in ground precision.
- Metric and inch sizes in Standard and stainless steel material.
- Rolled and Ground Precision versions as well as hollow type with PTFE seals.
- Special type of flanges, rectangular type and many more.
- Ball screws with special requirements upon request.
The offered ball screw assemblies find various applications in Precision mach9ine tools, Industrial Machine tools, Electronic and Transport machines, Defense industry, etc